charm - [charm] Introduction

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Introduction

  • From: "Van Der Wijngaart, Rob F" <rob.f.van.der.wijngaart AT intel.com>
  • To: Sam White <white67 AT illinois.edu>, Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>, Elliott Slaughter <slaughter AT cs.stanford.edu>
  • Cc: "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT illinois.edu>, "Chandrasekar, Kavitha" <kchndrs2 AT illinois.edu>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Introduction
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 20:56:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Dlp-product: dlpe-windows
  • Dlp-reaction: no-action
  • Dlp-version: 11.0.0.116

Hello Team,

I wanted to introduce you to Elliott Slaughter, a freshly minted PhD in computer science from Stanford, and member of the Legion team. He had some questions for me about optimal choice of configuration, compiler, and runtime parameters when building Charm++ and executing Charm++ workloads, especially the Parallel Research Kernels. I gave some generic advice, but would like to ask you (or those of you who are still at UIUC) to help him optimize his execution environment. Thanks!

Rob