charm - Re: [charm] mis-matched client callbacks in reduction messages

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] mis-matched client callbacks in reduction messages

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT lanl.gov>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] mis-matched client callbacks in reduction messages
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 11:47:23 -0600

On 10.27.2017 11:38, Jozsef Bakosi wrote:
> So how would I have to use this? Here is what I think I need to do: I have
> identify all reductions that can happen in an order that is not necessarily
> guaranteed to be always the same and fire them from bound arrays instead
> (each
> from a different chare array)?

To phrase this in a different way: If I have 4 reductions from a chare array,
should I create 3 shadow/bound arrays and fire them all from different ones to
be absolutely certain that I can rule out this issue?

Jozsef Bakosi
Computational Physics and Methods (CCS-2)
MS D413, Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545, USA
email:
jbakosi AT lanl.gov