charm - Re: [charm] TopoManager / Cray XE6 Question

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] TopoManager / Cray XE6 Question

  • From: Chris Wailes <chris.wailes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Galvez Garcia, Juan Jose" <jjgalvez AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: charm <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] TopoManager / Cray XE6 Question
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 12:31:33 -0500

Juan,

Thanks for your response.  That makes sense.  Do you know if there is a reliable numbering scheme for the T dimension?  From what I can gather from the Cray XE6 documentation only one processor per Cray-node is actually linked to the router, and being able to tell which processor requires an extra HyperTransport hop would really help with my performance modeling.

- Chris