charm - Re: [charm] symbol lookup error: libconv-core.so: undefined symbol: __executable_start

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] symbol lookup error: libconv-core.so: undefined symbol: __executable_start

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT lanl.gov>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>, charm <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] symbol lookup error: libconv-core.so: undefined symbol: __executable_start
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 16:39:51 -0600

Hi folks,

I'd like some help debugging this because this prevents us from upgrading to
v6.8. The symptom is that I get the following error going from v6.7.2 to
v6.8.0:

Runtime error:

$ ./<my-executable>
symbol lookup error: <charm-install-dir>/lib_so/libconv-core.so: undefined
symbol: __executable_start

ldd output:

$ ldd -r <my_executable>
undefined symbol: __executable_start
(<charm-install-dir>/lib_so/libconv-core.so)

Compile and link are fine. This is only an error using g++ on linux, v7, 6,
and
5, and not with clang or intel compilers.

Can someone please point me to how I might be able to debug this?

Thanks,
Jozsef