charm - Re: [charm] Scalable Deep Learning using Charm++

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Scalable Deep Learning using Charm++

  • From: Abid Muslim Malik <abidmuslim AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Galvez Garcia, Juan Jose" <jjgalvez AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Scalable Deep Learning using Charm++
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 21:16:13 -0400

Hi Juan:
Thanks for the e-mail. We are exploring different parallel programming models for scalable machine learning. I think Charm++ has better runtime support and has the ability to scale well.
Can we integrate it with Tensorflow? People use py4mpi for distributed Tensorflow. Can I use Charmpy for distributed tensorflow learning?

Thanks-