charm - [charm] Charm++ load balancing and GPUs

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Charm++ load balancing and GPUs

  • From: Jozsef Bakosi <jbakosi AT lanl.gov>
  • To: charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Charm++ load balancing and GPUs
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2018 08:13:19 -0600

Hi folks,

Apologies in advance for not doing my homework on reading the manual,
papers, and the code before asking these questions, but I'm wondering
what is the current state of interoperation of Charm++ with GPUs. In
particular:

(1) I know Charm++ has a GPU manager but I don't know what it is used
for.

(2) If I use, e.g., Kokkos, and thus use GPUs, can Charm++ still measure
load imbalances on work being done on GPUs and migrate load accordingly
just as with CPUs?

Thanks and please point me to additional information on this.
Jozsef