charm - [charm] Reading from file in Charm++

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Reading from file in Charm++

  • From: Jonathan Hoelzel <hoelzel2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Reading from file in Charm++
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 11:50:12 -0600

Hello,

I am trying to run a Charm++ program I've written on the UIUC campus cluster.  However, I can't seem to find a way to get data from a file to my program.  (For reference, I am only trying to access the file from the main chare of my program.)

I have tried using the standard C++ 'ifstream', and tried simply piping the file into the program (using '< file.txt' in the script)  and reading it from stdin in the program.  Either of these methods works fine on my laptop, but neither work when trying to run my program on the cluster.

I have found that there is a "CkIO" class within Charm++, but it seems to only support write operations at the moment.  There must be a consistent way to access the content of a file in a Charm++ program, but I can't seem to figure it out.  I would appreciate any help you can provide with this.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hoelzel

Computer Science | College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

  • [charm] Reading from file in Charm++, Jonathan Hoelzel, 11/10/2018