charm - Re: [charm] Charm++ Template Compilation issue

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm++ Template Compilation issue

  • From: Evan Ramos <evan AT hpccharm.com>
  • To: "Hoelzel, Jonathan David" <hoelzel2 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm++ Template Compilation issue
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 13:16:48 -0600

Hi Jonathan,

Could you post a minimal test case that exhibits the problem? We could diagnose the issue from there.

--
Evan Ramos
Software Engineer

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019, 12:17 PM Jonathan Hoelzel <hoelzel2 AT illinois.edu wrote:
Hello,

I am working on a project using Charm++, and I have run into a compilation issue when trying to implement a templated chare.  I have attached a zip file with some example code that causes this problem.

Specifically, I get the following error when linking:

main.o: In function `_registermain()':
main.C:(.text+0x562): undefined reference to `_registerchild()'

Looking in the child.def.h file, the '_registerchild()' method is only defined if CK_TEMPLATES_ONLY is not set when including child.def.h file.   However, if I include child.def.h again without setting CK_TEMPLATES_ONLY, then I get a similar error saying "multiple definition of 'registerchild()'".  I have been unable to work this out myself, so some help would be great.

Thanks,
Jonathan Hoelzel

Computer Science | College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign