charm - Re: [charm] Lustre failure with CkIO

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Lustre failure with CkIO

  • From: Ronak Buch <rabuch2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Tom Quinn <trq AT astro.washington.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Lustre failure with CkIO
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 22:59:14 -0600

Interesting, I've never seen that code path be a problem before, it should be doing the checks to ensure that the correct Lustre APIs exist before enabling it. Do you know if the configuration of the login and compute nodes is different with regards to Lustre?

The most foolproof way to turn it off is to just change line 4 of fs_parameters.c from #if CMK_HAS_LUSTREFS to #if 0.