charm - Re: [charm] Charm++ Error

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm++ Error

  • From: Nitin Bhat <nitin AT hpccharm.com>
  • To: Jonathan Hoelzel <hoelzel2 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm++ Error
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 09:54:02 -0500

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for reaching out.

As mentioned in question 5.9.12 in this FAQ (https://charm.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq/manual.html), the error that you mentioned is most likely a segmentation fault in the program.

I see that you used the distribution from the Github mirror of Charm++. Are you using the development version (the latest commit) or any specific release?

Can you send the command that you used to build Charm++ on Golub?

Which program run resulted in giving you that error? It’ll be helpful if you send the command that you used to run the program.

Also, do you see the error when you run examples and tests that are present as a part of the distribution?

Thanks,
Nitin