charm - [charm] Regarding charm4py and charm++ on RPi3B+.

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Regarding charm4py and charm++ on RPi3B+.

  • From: Edlir Pllashniku <edlir_1996 AT live.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Regarding charm4py and charm++ on RPi3B+.
  • Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2019 15:23:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: sv-SE, en-US

Hello,

I am wondering if charm4py is compatible with Raspberry Pi 3B+ which has an ARM cortex A53 (quad core) processor ?

I've tried to install it using both raspbian and ubuntu mate OS but neither work. Everytime I try it exits after ~1.5 hours blaming on internal compiler error. After that I tried installing the charm++ manually first and there the (same) error appears in a slightly different form. If you are curious on the different errors I got, I made a post (see link below) on superuser at stackoverflow about the error.

https://superuser.com/questions/1422207/charm4py-charm-gcc-error-when-installing

Kind Regards,
Ed