charm - [charm] Lib usage in load balancer

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Lib usage in load balancer

  • From: Thales Alexandre Zirbel Hubner <thaleszh AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Lib usage in load balancer
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 14:23:57 -0300

Hello,
I've been working on a lib to use in charm's load balancers, but I am unable to link it accordingly.
I've tried the following:
adding "-F(path_to_lib) -f(libname)" on ./build options. This does not work because the option is added before "NeighborLB.o" and is not linked due to appearing before.

Adding a libmoduleNeighborLB.dep with -f(libname), placing my lib on /lib and running Makefile_lb.sh, Make.lb and make depends. But it didn't work

I've also tried modifying the makefile but could not find where to edit the flags (and make them appear afterwards) or create a special rule unique for NeighborLB.

Am I doing something wrong? What could I do to get my library linked inside charm?

Thanks,
Thales A. Z. Hubner

  • [charm] Lib usage in load balancer, Thales Alexandre Zirbel Hubner, 05/24/2019