charm - Re: [charm] megatest hangs on Cray XC

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] megatest hangs on Cray XC

  • From: Nitin Bhat <nitin.bhat.k AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ted Packwood <malice AT cray.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] megatest hangs on Cray XC
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:36:32 -0500

Hi Ted,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We are running megatest with “++ppn 2” during our nightly build and as far I know, we haven’t run into this hang on gni builds (or any build).
I’ll try reproducing it and then debugging it on Cori.

Could you send your final run command? Are you running make test TESTOPTS=“++ppn 2”? If so, does the hang occur when you run with “+p2” or “+p4”?

Thanks,
Nitin Bhat
Software Engineer
Charmworks, Inc.