charm - [charm] AMPI/charm++ problem

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] AMPI/charm++ problem

  • From: Maximilian Karpfinger <karpfinger.maximilian AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] AMPI/charm++ problem
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 15:31:45 +0100

Hello,

I hope you are having a nice day.

I am trying to get a simulation running in ExaHyPE with ampi.
It is an mpi application, so I'm using the ampiCC wrapper.

However when compiling with AMPI the application crashes(it works without AMPI).
I'm getting the error described in the docs 6.9.12: Charmrun: error on request socket-{}-Socket closed before recv.

I have tested the hello world and pingpong cases and they work on my system.
When I set up a small application with only 1 Rank, the simulation will terminate successfully, however the same setup crashes with more than 1 Rank.
In a bigger setup it always crashes.

I'm suspecting some memory problems, but I have no idea how to fix it.

Do you have any ideas or need more information?
I hope you can help me.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Maximilian Karpfinger