charm - [charm] Further per-node / per proc initialization after mainchare completion

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Further per-node / per proc initialization after mainchare completion

  • From: Shenghao Yang <me AT shenghaoyang.info>
  • To: charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Further per-node / per proc initialization after mainchare completion
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 03:35:06 +0800

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to run initproc / initnode like functions after completion of mainchares (after the readonly global variable initialization is done by the mainchares) because I'll need to run some memory initialization routines that depend on the readonly global variables computed by the mainchare.

Or, is there some way for initproc / initnode functions to access the arguments that are typically provided to mainchares? Encoding constants into the function bodies might work, but I'd like to see if there is something more elegant.

Hopefully I'm not missing something that's in the manual - that'd be a pretty bad case of PEBCAK.

Thanks!

Shenghao