charm - [charm] Kripke

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Kripke

  • From: Levin Kantelberg <levin.kantelberg AT mailbox.tu-dresden.de>
  • To: "charm AT cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Kripke
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 11:25:44 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US

Dear Charmteam,

I am currently writing my bachelor thesis at the Technical University of Dresden. Therefor, I have to compare some benchmarks implemented in Charm++ and MPI. I tried to use some of the implementations provided by your webside. But sadly, I encountered some trouble while using them. One of the applications I tried is called KRIPKE[1] but it seems like the access towards the Charm implementation is restricted. Is there any possibility for me to get access to this implementation?

Some of the other aplications I tried to use are HPCCG[2] but there the compiling failed with:
> In file included from charmHpccg.cpp:111:0:
> charmHpccg.def.h: In member function ‘void charmHpccg::charmDDot(const double*, const double*)’:
> charmHpccg.def.h:2617:23: error: invalid conversion from ‘const double*’ to ‘double*’ [-fpermissive]
> genClosure->getP0() = a;

and miniFE[3] failing during the execution with:
> CHARM++ FATAL ERROR: CkMigratable 'charmFE' aborting: [0] Array element at index 0 aborting:
> Direct SDAG call is not allowed for SDAG entry methods having when constructs. Call such SDAG methods using a proxy

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
Levin Kantelberg

[1] http://charmplusplus.org/miniApps/#kripke