charm - Re: [charm] Charm++ performance issue on CSCS PizDaint

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm++ performance issue on CSCS PizDaint

  • From: Matthias Diener <mdiener AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Bignamini Christopher <christopher.bignamini AT cscs.ch>
  • Cc: "charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu" <charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm++ performance issue on CSCS PizDaint
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 11:29:06 -0600
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=illinois.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=illinois.edu; dkim=pass header.d=illinois.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=Ph8N0rMVLuwv8UcFQQvr/vjTNhWjFMJwcAueNpre1XA=; b=edBehSxqOs664C0q/HnmZQMZ0XWprzTrsP9Hs2A+r277wvqJ1atKmEf5oIQeOseBvnzKFQZm+wZS8t7XnyPcS7O5HD+iDbl6I2HzAxV0+NJ6NYZron91oK+ctmNrvzLni305Iw6USk5Kt4SgO9kWR+NRl+abMIce2ke9m35o8/pZ8izq0lVQI1nezwqoAcSTPqLL3atU/LMJmWZln0BQnSE3aNIQN8r7MWlRAkfNHEX0c7rIDSih3Opx2kbeOSo2umQ17fEPG5NcjGElRSzfiT73DdjZUakxyZ0UGG2i0heStq8BfEo6cZmYUWJcv5n5SSErVbRhvNjtsxduA3TNeA==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=jXMZYaBahENjh/UyLpETTeM4eXLtr21fFVLLN5r/4vV+ZQmThK18uYuImgwnnvpDw0DGCjyIDJFbGWt3LBqi8s1t+1peADGlSERo5NWLEl5D7T8WJ4hZIFfH4ePRmlTEC7aTK38Si2PTnJzdh7TxytZab2f8mne5jeyPGHT7GOMX8UNwSHQ2T6sMuxyRuhQpAxLITHv1vVTqAt+nH6jigDpwtS30MqW3o/PM+taGK/fwl+ejIWbzOdY5rv2QKOGZQ/om/DIUqNOHYUszO8dkBKWDcqy7STE2VTH1l6wTrGw+xzLWWJYSgxK963LG7IcgQZyWSzH73XW2MpBf9TKIDw==

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your report. Could you please let us know which command
you use to build Charm++, and how you are running NAMD?

We have heard reports of some network performance issues on PizDaint
(unrelated to Charm++), but we are not sure what is causing them.

Best,
Matthias

On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 9:45 AM Bignamini Christopher
<christopher.bignamini AT cscs.ch>