gang-of-4-patterns - RE: [gang-of-4-patterns] Doubt on creational patterns..

gang-of-4-patterns AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Design Patterns discussion

RE: [gang-of-4-patterns] Doubt on creational patterns..

  • From: Ray Ye <rayye AT Catena.com>
  • To: "'Pablo Schor'" <pablo.schor AT lobruno.com.ar>, Mikal Ziane <Mikal.Ziane AT lip6.fr>, gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: RE: [gang-of-4-patterns] Doubt on creational patterns..
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 11:29:39 -0500

The abstraction level is different. The Factory Method pattern is on the
Object that is returned by factory method, which could be of different types
with common interface. The Abstract Factory pattern is on the factory
itself, which is composed of multiple factory methods.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ray