gang-of-4-patterns - RE: [gang-of-4-patterns] Anyone has this paper ?

gang-of-4-patterns AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Design Patterns discussion

RE: [gang-of-4-patterns] Anyone has this paper ?

  • From: <sayan.mukherjee AT iflexsolutions.com>
  • To: <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Cc: astri06 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: RE: [gang-of-4-patterns] Anyone has this paper ?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:22:20 +0530

Hi,

Have you searched on the Net for this paper? It has appeared in the Annals of Software Engg.
You may start by looking at the IIT, Chennai website. Dr Janaki Ram

As regards measuring design patterns: I have not come across any discussion on this topic.
Don't know about measuring tools, either.

In fact, I don't know whether DP can be measured. Among other things, a Design Pattern gives
pointers / provides a blue print of a solution to a set of similar problems in software design.
A design pattern is itself not a solution, but a documented way in which solutions have been
built in the past for similar problems. The single major benefit of any pattern (and hence any
design pattern) is the fact that it prevents 'reinventing the wheel'.

With best regards,
Sayan