gang-of-4-patterns - Re: [gang-of-4-patterns] new to design patterns

gang-of-4-patterns AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Design Patterns discussion

Re: [gang-of-4-patterns] new to design patterns

  • From: Ray Tayek <rtayek AT ca.rr.com>
  • To: gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [gang-of-4-patterns] new to design patterns
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 14:22:58 -0700

At 10:57 AM 5/14/2008, you wrote:
... multiple users so each user can have his/her own calendar, reminders, and notes. Users can attach multiple notes to a single date. Users can attach multiple reminders to a single date.

So the main objects are: calendar, user, notes, reminders and they are classes, not even any GUI objects yet.

As I sat down to program the application and select design patterns, I drew a blank!

don't worry, you may not need any design patterns. wait for a design problem to show up.

...programming, but design patterns are new to me so ..., can some of you please steer me to what design patterns I should use for the application?

What design pattern would be good to use for reminders/notes? The calendar? users?

none come to mind immediately. do some class design for a while. write some code. wait until you have some design problem to solve.

thanks

---
vice-chair http://ocjug.org/