gang-of-4-patterns - Re: [gang-of-4-patterns] Open Source Framework incl. GoF patterns?

gang-of-4-patterns AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Design Patterns discussion

Re: [gang-of-4-patterns] Open Source Framework incl. GoF patterns?

  • From: Keith Roberts <keith AT karsites.net>
  • To: Christian Köppe <christian.koppe AT hu.nl>
  • Cc: "'gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu'" <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [gang-of-4-patterns] Open Source Framework incl. GoF patterns?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 18:21:34 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011, Christian Köppe wrote:

To:
"'gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu'"

<gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>
From: Christian Köppe
<christian.koppe AT hu.nl>

Hi everyone!

For one of the courses (Patterns & Frameworks) I give at my university of applied sciences I'd like to use a Java-framework which the students have to examine and document using the UML profile for framework architectures (UML-F).

My question is: does someone know an appropriate open source framework which also includes a few GoF-patterns?

Hi Christian.

Any particular OS framework you are intetested in?

these OOP Design Pattern links of some interest.

http://sourcemaking.com/design-patterns-video

I bought the complete course, and it includes all the 97 videos by Steve Holzner.

Here is a nice free UML editor.

http://alexdp.free.fr/violetumleditor/page.php

It's a JAVA .jar package.

Maybe as an exercise, some of your students could add a nice drop down menu sytem to violet-UML?

At the moment you have to slide open the right-hand pane to get to the user functions.

It would be nice to have that closed, and reach those functions from the main tool bar at the top of the program.

Kind Regards,

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net