gang-of-4-patterns - [gang-of-4-patterns] PLoP 2015 - Submission deadline extended to May 12th!

gang-of-4-patterns AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Design Patterns discussion

[gang-of-4-patterns] PLoP 2015 - Submission deadline extended to May 12th!

  • From: Filipe Correia <fcorreia AT gmail.com>
  • To: gang_of_4_list <gang-of-4-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>, business-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu, TelePLoP List <telecom-patterns AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [gang-of-4-patterns] PLoP 2015 - Submission deadline extended to May 12th!
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 14:09:10 +0100

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the multiple postings.

At the request of a few people, we have decided to extend the
submission deadline for PLoP until May 12th.
Please consider submitting your patterns, and join us in Pittsburg in
October for what promises to be a great PLoP!
The updated call for submissions follows below.

Best Regards,

Filipe

> Call for submissions PLoP 2015
> 22nd conference on Pattern Languages of Programs
> October 23–26, 2015—Pittsburgh, PA, USA
> http://hillside.net/plop/2015/
>
> The Pattern Languages of Programs (PLoP™) conference is the premier event
> for pattern authors and enthusiasts to gather, discuss, and learn more about
> patterns, programming, and software development.
>
> This year PLoP will be co-located with the SPLASH conference, in
> Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The conference is not traditional—the main event
> is a set of Writers’ Workshops where pattern papers are reviewed by fellow
> authors, led by expert workshop leaders.
>
> Authors and everyone will find lots of opportunities to learn about
> patterns, pattern languages, pattern writing, and the quest for
> human-centered software creation in the panoply of PLoP activities:
> Writers’ Workshops, Focus Groups, BoF sessions, BootCamp, Games,
> shared meals and chit-chat.
>
> Reinventing the past is hard to do and not what we plan. Programming,
> software, and software development are changing fast. We plan to explore
> where it could all go, how code will be made, what the nature of software
> design will be, how scale will infect everything, and what kinds of new
> software will emerge.
>
> Submissions
>
> Paper submissions may include short papers containing one or
> more patterns, longer pattern languages or sequences, or works in-
> progress by writers wishing to get in-depth shepherding by
> an experienced author at the conference. Patterns and pattern
> languages on other topics, essays on patterns, and visions for the
> future are encouraged.
>
> In addition, you may submit proposals for free-format discussion groups or
> workshops bringing together people interested in a hot topic related to
> patterns or proven practices—with a duration about two hours.
> Non-conventional formats are welcome.
>
> PLoP15 submissions are peer reviewed and digitally archived at ACM. Papers
> discussed at writers’ workshop at this conference qualify for submission
> to the journal “TPLoP—Transactions on Pattern Languages of Programming,”
> published by Springer. See Springer’s pages on TPLoP for details of this
> journal.
>
> For more details, please visit: http://hillside.net/plop/2015/
>
> Important Dates
>
> ◾ Initial Draft Submission deadline May 12, 2015
> ◾ Start of shepherding May 19, 2015
> ◾ Focus Groups Submission June 30, 2015
> ◾ Second draft due for review July 7, 2015
> ◾ Notification of acceptance July 15, 2015
> ◾ Conference registration ends September 1, 2015
> ◾ Conference versions due September 1, 2015
> ◾ PLoP bootcamp October 23, 2015
> ◾ PLoP conference days October 24-26, 2015
> ◾ Proceedings versions due January 15, 2015

  • [gang-of-4-patterns] PLoP 2015 - Submission deadline extended to May 12th!, Filipe Correia, 05/06/2015