illinois-ml-nlp-users - [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Loading these sentences takes too much time

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Loading these sentences takes too much time

  • From: Astronaut Guo <astronautguo AT gmail.com>
  • To: illinois-ml-nlp-users <illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Loading these sentences takes too much time
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:39:08 +0800

Hi,

When I run CorefPlainText from the Coreference Package I find it takes too much time (at least 2 hours no result and I stopped it) to handle the text below.

--------------------------
9 suspicious packages planted around Boston in backfired marketing ploy by TV network BOSTON 2007-01-31 22:07:50 UTC.
At least nine electronic devices, planted at bridges and other parts of Boston as part of a marketing campaign for a late-night cartoon, threw a scare into the city Wednesday.
Highways, bridges and a section of the Charles River were shut down and bomb squads were sent in before authorities declared the devices were harmless.
"It's a hoax -- and it's not funny," said Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick.
Turner Broadcasting, parent company of Cartoon Network, said the devices, which consisted of magnetic, blinking lights, were part of a promotion for the TV show "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

I tracked the codes and found that the program can't get through in line 88 (Doc doc = loader.loadDoc(fullText);), CorefPlainText.class.
However this text is OK in the online demo. I'm not sure if this is a bug.
Does anyone know where is the problem?

Thank you.

--Yuhang