illinois-ml-nlp-users - Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Which FDG Parsers are compatible with Fex ?

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Which FDG Parsers are compatible with Fex ?

  • From: Mark Sammons <mssammon AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "Sourajit Basak" <sourajit.basak AT gmail.com>, illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Which FDG Parsers are compatible with Fex ?
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 09:31:28 -0600 (CST)

Hi, Sourajit.

Fex uses a non-standard representation for input of dependency paths etc.
I don't know of any parsers that provide output that can be used without
modification.

Fex uses sensors in its Sensors.cpp file to define feature generation
functions:
to extend it to accept your output, you'd need to write sensors that process
the relevant column info. Fex reads input as whitespace-separated columns,
so when you generate the column format you need to keep that in mind.

Regards,

Mark