illinois-ml-nlp-users - [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] LBJ POS Tagger in Windows Environment

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] LBJ POS Tagger in Windows Environment

  • From: Sean Dunagan <dunagan5887 AT gmail.com>
  • To: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] LBJ POS Tagger in Windows Environment
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 21:38:12 -0600

I am trying to use the edu.illinois.cs.cogcomp.lbj.pos.POSTagPlain application with the LBJPOS.jar file.
The command I am running is:

java -classpath LBJPOS.jar:LBJ2Library.jar edu.illinois.cs.cogcomp.lbj.pos.POSTagPlain input_file

When I run this command in the Linux environment, it works fine.  However, when I run the command in a Windows environment, I get the following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: edu/illinois/cs/cogco
mp/lbj/pos/POSTagPlain
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: edu.illinois.cs.cogcomp.lbj.pos.POS
TagPlain
Could not find the main class: edu.illinois.cs.cogcomp.lbj.pos.POSTagPlain.  Pro
gram will exit.

The LBJPOS.jar and LBJ2Library.jar files are both in the directory I'm trying to run this command from.
Is the jar file only built to run in the Linux environment?
Thank you very much for your time and help.