illinois-ml-nlp-users - Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] relationship between various software packages

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] relationship between various software packages

  • From: raghavanks AT aol.com
  • To: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] relationship between various software packages
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 09:41:21 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: raghavanks <raghavanks AT aim.com>
To: illinois-ml-nlp-users <illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu>
Sent: Tue, Apr 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Hi,
         I am trying to understand the relationship between the various packages listed here : http://cogcomp.cs.illinois.edu/page/software . Are the following packaged meant to work with each other in some way or are they completely independent ? SNoW Learning Architecture,  Learning Based Java , Feature Extraction Language (FEX) .  I do see that the POS Tagger, Chunker are based on LBJ. Are these meant to work with sNoW Learning Architecture or are there equivalents available inside sNoW ?

Thanks,
Raghavan