illinois-ml-nlp-users - [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Question on LBJNER: Generating Wiki gazetteers

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Question on LBJNER: Generating Wiki gazetteers

  • From: DongHyun Choi <cdh4696 AT gmail.com>
  • To: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Question on LBJNER: Generating Wiki gazetteers
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 13:16:37 +0900

Hi,

First of all, thank you for providing the nice NER toolkit.

I am trying to use the LBJNER to my research, and trying to upgrade the Wikipedia gazetteers, since Wikipedia itself is updated during the time.

The problem was, I was not able to figure out the details of how you get those Wikipedia gazetteers. The paper describes that category tags are used to extract the titles, but how? For example, for the category tag "people" only 4 articles have category tag "people"; tags "births" and "deaths" even do not exist.

My question is: did you use partial string matching to the tags? Or is there any other thing I don't know, or not yet being published? Could you please explain about the method used?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
DongHyun Choi

  • [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Question on LBJNER: Generating Wiki gazetteers, DongHyun Choi, 07/31/2011