illinois-ml-nlp-users - Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Question on LBJNER: Generating Wiki gazetteers

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Question on LBJNER: Generating Wiki gazetteers

  • From: Lev-Arie Ratinov <arie.ratinov AT gmail.com>
  • To: DongHyun Choi <cdh4696 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Question on LBJNER: Generating Wiki gazetteers
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 22:40:21 -0500

Hi DongHyun

The performance difference should not be affected by the order the
gazetteers are read. I have some random number generators in my
training code, and perhaps various versions of Java generate random
numbers differently.

In any case, differences of 0.05% are not statistically significant,
and I don't want to bother with this.

Peace&Love

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:51 PM, DongHyun Choi
<cdh4696 AT gmail.com>