illinois-ml-nlp-users - [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] getting NER to run faster

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] getting NER to run faster

  • From: <mattburg AT umich.edu>
  • To: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] getting NER to run faster
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:11:05 -0500

Hello,

I am a phd student at the University of Michigan and I am trying to use the
Illinois named Entity Recognizer to classify tokens on webpages. I have
been running some tests with the NER and am very impressed with its
precision but it is running too slow. I think this is because it is taking
a long time to load the gazzetteer's, classifiers and such. Is there an
option for me to load all of these items into RAM and then tag many files?
Thanks for your help.

Matthew Burgess

  • [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] getting NER to run faster, mattburg, 01/30/2012