illinois-ml-nlp-users - Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Memory requirements for Curator

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Memory requirements for Curator

  • From: Monika Joshi <Joshi-M AT email.ulster.ac.uk>
  • To: "Sammons, Mark" <mssammon AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu" <illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Memory requirements for Curator
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:48:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-IN, en-US

Thanks Mark,

I will definitely try your suggestions.

Regards

Monika

From: Sammons, Mark [mailto:mssammon AT illinois.edu]
Sent: 14 September 2012 18:44
To: Monika Joshi
Cc: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
Subject: RE: Memory requirements for Curator

Hi, Monika.

Yes, if installed on a virtual machine, it should work (given sufficient memory). Our experience with VirtualBox is mixed: curator requires a 64-bit architecture, but some older chipsets don't support VirtualBox 64-bit. In addition, some systems' BIOS settings are not compatible with VirtualBox 64-bit.
It's possible that VMWare is less complicated (but is not free, unlike VirtualBox).

Another approach that might work -- but which we have not tried ourselves -- would be to install Cygwin and then install/start curator from there.

Regards,

Mark