illinois-ml-nlp-users - [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] NER doesn't work! Please help!

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] NER doesn't work! Please help!

  • From: Deborah Fernandes <debmarfer AT gmail.com>
  • To: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] NER doesn't work! Please help!
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 11:26:19 -0300

Hi,

I'm PHD student of University of Brasilia - Brazil. I read about the Illinois Named Recognition and I'm trying to use it but it doesn't work. I read all the posts of the list and tried to fix but it doen't work too. So, I downloaded from the site the file IllinoisNerExtended-v2.2.tgz at my Linux Ubuntu 10.04 LTS. I unzipped with the command  tar -xzf and inside the folder I tried:

>java -classpath lib/LBJ2.jar:lib/LBJ2Library.jar:lib/LbjNerTagger.jar -Xmx2000m dist/LbjNerTagger-2.1.jar -annotate TestFile.txt TestFileAnn.txt true Config/allLayer1.config
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: dist/LbjNerTagger-2/1/jar
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: dist.LbjNerTagger-2.1.jar
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)
Could not find the main class: dist/LbjNerTagger-2.1.jar. Program will exit.

I really don't know what I could do, and I would like to ask if  Config/ is a folder tht should contain allFeaturesBigTrainingSet.config , allLayer1.config and other config files?
If is, there is no Config folder  in the IllinoisNerExtended-v2.2.tgz available for dowload on the site.
Any help?
Thank you so much for any help.

Deborah :-)