illinois-ml-nlp-users - [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Problem in Using SRL system of Curator or Edison

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Problem in Using SRL system of Curator or Edison

  • From: farhaneh farahani <farhane_farahani AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu" <illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] Problem in Using SRL system of Curator or Edison
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 01:43:23 -0800 (PST)

Dear All,

I am a beginner at using Illinois Curator. I am going to do SRL on my raw data. But, I think firstly I need to install Curator or Edison. I found different guidelines, but I don't know which one I should follow. What I have followed so far is this documentation:

http://cogcomp.cs.illinois.edu/curator/INSTALL.html

And the steps were done successfully (but I do not know how I can check whether Curator is running).

But, then, here :
http://cogcomp.cs.illinois.edu/curator/servers/

It seems that there is no SRL server.

So, I do not know what is the next step. Also, I do not know what "hostname" and "port" mean in Curator. Everywhere in guidelines I find example of host names like "my.host.name". Can anybody give me a real working example? I mean assuming that I have installed Curator in X directory, what must be the "host name", or even does the hostname depends on the installation directory or the system is going to use an online server?

Best Regards,
Farahani