illinois-ml-nlp-users - [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] How to work use Curator for large files?

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] How to work use Curator for large files?

  • From: farhaneh farahani <farhane_farahani AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu" <illinois-ml-nlp-users AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [Illinois-ml-nlp-users] How to work use Curator for large files?
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 07:31:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

I have recently started working with Illinois Curator. I have installed it successfully and when I try testing section of the INSTALL file, I can do everything fine. But, when I try to run the curator on my real dataset which includes a very big file (more than 13MB of texts!), I see an exception.

I know that it is mentioned as a known issue in the INSTALL file, but I still don't understand have I should handle it. I mean, when the connection is timed out, everything is stopped and the result that I expect is not saved in a file.

On the other hand, I tried to make smaller files, but even for a file with 10 sentences I get the same exception. The only possibility to avoid this exception was to have files with fewer than 3 sentences which is so few in my work!
Is there any way that I run the Curator on a single big file?

Best Regards,
Farhane