illinois-ml-nlp-users - [[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] ] PrepSRL and Maven/Curator/CloudCurator

illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Support for users of CCG software closed 7-27-20

[[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] ] PrepSRL and Maven/Curator/CloudCurator

  • From: <versley AT cl.uni-heidelberg.de>
  • To: illinois-ml-nlp-users AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [[Illinois-ml-nlp-users] ] PrepSRL and Maven/Curator/CloudCurator
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 12:03:46 -0600

Hello,

I've come across the Srikumar et al. paper on preposition sense labeling a
while ago
and remember seeing the demo of it and liking it (which doesn't seem to
function right
now - is it down or am I doing something wrong?)

Anyhow, I would like to have students in my seminar use the PrepSRL (most
interested in that, even though having the Verb and Nominal SRL working would
be neat)
and have come across
* the Maven JAR of the PrepSRL package, which at least seems to run to
the point of giving an error message
* the Curator system, which seems to be quite complex to set up
* the cloud version of the Curator, which needs an Amazon account

What is the most simple way of running the Curator if I don't have money
to spend on Amazon? Is there some Docker/Virtualbox image that one can
use? Is there a way of running the Curator server for other people without
being exposed to large-ish security risks?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Best wishes,
Yannick Versley