k-user - Re: [K-user] krun in parallel?

Re: [K-user] krun in parallel?

  • From: "Guth, Dwight" <dguth2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Robby Findler <robby AT eecs.northwestern.edu>
  • Cc: "k-user AT cs.illinois.edu" <k-user AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [K-user] krun in parallel?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:13:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Well that would work too I guess. But deleting the temp directories was a
hack designed to remove orphans. So what I just did was make sure that
orphans were never left behind after krun terminates. Then I just disabled
deletion of temp directories by default. So as long as you don't explicitly
reenable that feature ot should work correctly in parallel. Note that you
will not necessarily be able to guarantee access to temp files once krun
terminates, but there should be a way to receive the relevant data other
ways. If something is needed tha

Robby Findler
<robby AT eecs.northwestern.edu>
wrote:

Another thought: put the pid into the directory name and then you can
check to see if the process is still running before deleting the
directory.

Robby

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:30 AM, Guth, Dwight
<dguth2 AT illinois.edu>