k-user - [K-user] Multiple Inheritance and Type Constraints?

[K-user] Multiple Inheritance and Type Constraints?

  • From: "Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein)" <hossein.haeri AT gmail.com>
  • To: k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [K-user] Multiple Inheritance and Type Constraints?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:55:35 +0100

Dear all,

For solving some sort of compatibility problem in the PL mechanisation world, I have recently formulated something in Scala. To enjoy static checks, my particular formulation makes heavy use of multiple inheritance and type constraints. Yet, the essence of what my solution needs (from its host language/LDF) is to be able to (i) state it that certain pieces of the language syntax are of more than one type/sort/attribute, and, (ii) check these against desirable values.

Now, the question that I have is whether K has any mechanism which can be of help? In particular, does K allow one to nominate a piece of syntax as an instance of more than one sort? And, can I -- by putting constraints on these sorts -- gain control over applicability of my different pieces of semantics to my desirable pieces of syntax only?

TIA,
--Hossein

Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein)

Research Assistant
Institute for Software Systems (STS)
Technical University of Hamburg (TUHH)
Hamburg, Germany

ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org/

  • [K-user] Multiple Inheritance and Type Constraints?, Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein), 12/17/2012