k-user - [K-user] Precedences

[K-user] Precedences

  • From: Andreas Zwinkau <zwinkau AT kit.edu>
  • To: k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [K-user] Precedences
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 14:42:38 +0200

In the tutorial precedences are introduced for arithmetic expressions:

syntax Exp ::= Exp "*" Exp [strict,left]
| Exp "/" Exp [strict]
> Exp "+" Exp [strict,left]
> Exp "<=" Exp [strict]

However, I wonder how those mix with the extension of syntax. For
example, is it equivalent to the following?

syntax Exp ::= Exp "*" Exp [strict,left]
| Exp "/" Exp [strict]
> Exp "+" Exp [strict,left]
syntax Exp ::= Exp "<=" Exp [strict]

As far as I understand "The K-Primer", I could set precedences
numerically like the following?

syntax Exp ::= Exp "*" Exp [strict,left,prec(0)]
| Exp "/" Exp [strict,prec(0)]
| Exp "+" Exp [strict,left,prec(1)]
| Exp "<=" Exp [strict,prec(2)]

With the current K-stable, I get some ambiguity warnings for the program
"1*1+1*1". There should be no ambiguity given precedences?

Also, for the pdf-export the ">" operator is replaced with "|", which
means precedence information is missing.

--
Andreas Zwinkau

Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Phone: +4972160848351