k-user - Re: [K-user] problem with output and ltlmc

Re: [K-user] problem with output and ltlmc

  • From: Dorel Lucanu <dlucanu AT info.uaic.ro>
  • To: k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [K-user] problem with output and ltlmc
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:03:54 +0300

Dear Sergio,

Thanks for your message.

There two problems in your definition related to the use of the model-checker:

1)  In order to be efficient, the tool does not transform all K rules into transitions. Therefore, you must tag some rules as transitions to have a model to check.
For instance, if you write your rule as
rule <k> doh S:String => .K ... </k>
     <moe> ... . => ListItem(S) </moe>
     [transition]
then the krun tool returns "true"  for
krun a.doh --ltlmc "TrueLtl"

Another option is to arbitrarily tag your rule,
rule <k> doh S:String => .K ... </k>
     <moe> ... . => ListItem(S) </moe>
     [sometag]
and use a krun command as
krun a.doh --transition="sometag" --ltlmc "TrueLtl"

The argument of the option --transition could a have a list of tags.

2. If you replace "TrueLtl" with "FalseLtl", then you get an error similar to that reported below. The reason is that the krun cannot display the counter-example.
When you use the model checker, try to disable the connection with the I/O server. If remove the attribute "stream="stdout"" from the cell <moe>, i.e., you write the configuration as
configuration <T>
                <k> $PGM:K </k>
             <moe> .List </moe>
              </T>