k-user - [K-user] How does search work?

[K-user] How does search work?

  • From: Cosmin Radoi <cos AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu" <k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [K-user] How does search work?
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 16:32:45 -0500

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how the model checking/search mode works for k. My
assumption was that it simply uses the underlying maude search. In this case,
I would assume that superheating/supercooling rules are converted to maude
rewrite rules. Still, the generated maude code for the rules in this small
example uses equations.

module TEST
syntax Bla ::= "a" | "b" | "c"

rule a => b [supercool]
rule a => c [supercool]
endmodule

Furthermore, starting from the k program "a", I only get the solution "b". I
expected both "b" and "c" as solutions. It seems that I somehow misunderstand
the way k search works. Maybe I have a maude-tainted way of seeing things. I
was assuming that each configuration is a state.

Where am I going off track?

Thanks,

Cosmin