k-user - Re: [K-user] --no-config?

Re: [K-user] --no-config?

  • From: soha hussein <husseinsoh AT gmail.com>
  • To: Traian Florin Șerbănuță <traian.serbanuta AT info.uaic.ro>
  • Cc: "k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu" <k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [K-user] --no-config?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 12:10:01 +0300

Thanks Traian and Dorel,

It was a confusing to me also because in the tutorial it was called --no-config. So, --output-mode none option is working, but not quite as i was expecting. I am not sure if this is a bug or if it was not written for this purpose. I would appreciate your feedback on that.

What i want is to collect the typing derivations in the stdout cell. This means that it is going to be a list of items of sort k. The problem is that, if i put items of sort builtins in the stdout cell (i tried int and string) the --output-mode none option works fine. However if i put something of sort k in the listItem, no output is displayed when i call krun with the output-mode none, even though without the --output option i can see that the out cell indeed contains the list item of sort k.
I tried that on the lambda.k tutorial 1, lesson 6, i modified it to have it output the val "which could  be a lambda" in the out cell. Again the same thing happens there.

Is this a bug and a cell defined as stdout can contain a list of any sort or there is something that i am missing. Is there a quick fix for me that i can follow to do it.

Thank you,

-Soha