k-user - [K-user] Templating / Macros

[K-user] Templating / Macros

  • From: Suminda Dharmasena <sirinath AT sakrio.com>
  • To: "k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu" <k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "Rosu, Grigore" <grosu AT illinois.edu>, "info AT kframework.org" <info AT kframework.org>
  • Subject: [K-user] Templating / Macros
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:44:02 +0530

Many languages and constructs within languages state similar structures.

Also ability to extend a module override the parts you need would be nice to have.

A hypothetical example say I am defining a language which is derived from an existing language but differs little on a small part only say I want o change this "| if (BExp)Block else Block [strict(1)]". So I need to be able to refer to this part of the syntax only and change this.

BTW, a flavour of the upcoming @nitra syntax has if this might help further develop K https://twitter.com/VladDQ/status/416299551721402369

NB: I am still very much a novice with K.