k-user - Re: [K-user] Origin of "Language Definitional Frameworks"

Re: [K-user] Origin of "Language Definitional Frameworks"

  • From: "Rosu, Grigore" <grosu AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein)" <hossein.haeri AT gmail.com>, "k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu" <k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [K-user] Origin of "Language Definitional Frameworks"
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:24:49 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hossein,

I would be embarrassed to be given credit for such an obvious term. My PhD
adviser, Joseph Goguen, used it as part of his active vocabulary in
meetings, and so did other people he talked to. Probably people just used it
since the beginning of forever, so you can just use it, too, without worrying
about giving credit to anybody. Somehow similar to "case study", "proof of
concept", "proof engineering", etc.

Grigore

From:
k-user-bounces AT cs.uiuc.edu