k-user - Re: [K-user] What is the current status of owise?

Re: [K-user] What is the current status of owise?

  • From: Dwight Guth <dwight.guth AT runtimeverification.com>
  • To: Mark Hills <markhills1 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu" <k-user AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [K-user] What is the current status of owise?
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 09:58:27 -0600

The [owise] attribute is currently supported only on function rules. It's possible, depending on the order rules are chosen for evaluation, that during concrete execution a non-function rule tagged with owise may appear to behave correctly. However, this is an artifact of the order rules are chosen for evaluation in, and the rules are actually forming a critical pair.

Eventually the plan is to have a way of specifying rewrite strategies that will allow more complete behaviors like this, but that functionality is not yet supported.