k-user - RE: [[K-user] ] K2Isabelle

RE: [[K-user] ] K2Isabelle

  • From: "Rosu, Grigore" <grosu AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Corey Richardson <corey AT octayn.net>, "k-user AT lists.cs.illinois.edu" <k-user AT lists.cs.illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "Gunter, Elsa" <egunter AT illinois.edu>
  • Subject: RE: [[K-user] ] K2Isabelle
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 21:15:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear Corey,

Thanks for your interest in K. Nice to hear the tutorials were useful,
because they took a lot of time to put together. We are now under a heavy
transition to K 4.0, where the tutorial will need to be all redone, too, in
addition to several of the K tools.

I would say now it is an excellent time to develop an Isabelle backend! The
wiki on KORE has not been updated yet, but the KORE itself is getting to a
point where it is reliably stable. Cosmin (the K lead developer at UIUC)
would probably say that it is already there. We still need to update the
wiki documentation, though.

I am CC-ing Elsa Gunter, who has a student who started developing an Isabelle
backend for K. Not sure if it is working with K4.0 or with the entire K, but
I believe that it would be good for you two (you and Elsa's student) to
discuss over hangouts and see what the current status is.

Note that we also have an OCAML backend in my startup company
(runtimeveritication.com) that powers our RV-Match tool; if needed, we can
show you how that works, too, provided you sign an NDA.

Ideally, it would be nice to have a common infrastructure for
functional-style backends (OCAML, Isabelle, Coq, Haskell, etc). Let us know
if you want to get deeper into this (but we should likely leave the k-user
list out, to not spam everybody).

Best,
Grigore