k-user - Re: [[K-user] ] Use of HOLE on rules

Re: [[K-user] ] Use of HOLE on rules

  • From: Eric Huber <echuber2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Alex <alexdba AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: k-user AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [[K-user] ] Use of HOLE on rules
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 21:09:59 -0500

I believe that HOLE is deprecated and doesn't even lex as a keyword any more... the internal syntax uses "freezer" as you'll see if it halts with an incomplete evaluation, and you're supposed to handle the rules using strictness specifications now rather than HOLE. In the long run this is easier, but the documentation needs to be updated to reflect it. I think your best bet is to look for the most recently updated examples that ship in the K directory and study those.

Regards
Eric Huber