k-user - Re: [[K-user] ] K Project Needs Professional Developers!

Re: [[K-user] ] K Project Needs Professional Developers!

  • From: "Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein)" <hossein.haeri AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Rosu, Grigore" <grosu AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "k-user AT cs.illinois.edu" <k-user AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [[K-user] ] K Project Needs Professional Developers!
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 12:53:04 +0200

Dear Grigore,

Long time no see. Hope you're doing well.

You might recall me from SSLF12, where I was amongst the students. By that time, I was flavour-tasting so I can pick the right LDF for my task. I ended up choosing the Scala programming language instead for none of the available LDFs of the time made it to the level I required. K being a near miss, I really regretted myself not being able to use it.

I, hence, meant to get in contact with you for postdocs after my graduation back in 2014. Topics in mind were (and are) improvement in the K module system and first-class support for component -- something Peter Mosses too envied for. Due to personal reasons, however, I am not prepared to move to the US. That's why I never kick-started anything.

Seeing your advertisement made me hopeful because I got to know about UUIC cites outside the US. So, if it indeed is possible to stay in the Schengen area and work for you, please let me know so I can jump on exploring the possibilities. I need to state it that this won't be regarding the position you're advertising in this thread.

Cheers,
--Hossein