k-user - Re: [[K-user] ] How to start learning k-framework?

Re: [[K-user] ] How to start learning k-framework?

  • From: Jake Gillberg <jake.gillberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: Mike Potanin <mpotanin AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: k-user AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [[K-user] ] How to start learning k-framework?
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 23:25:18 -0400

Hello!

I am a relatively new k-framework user, (and also haven't reinstalled since the k5 repo replaced the k repo) so you might get better answers, but to get you started:

repo: https://github.com/kframework/k

how I installed everything (back when v5 was in it's own k5 repo): https://github.com/Jake-Gillberg/kframework-env/blob/master/Dockerfile

I learned mostly through this tutorial: https://github.com/kframework/k/tree/master/k-distribution/tutorial
Note, in the tutorial (if things haven't changed), the actual .k files in the repo are more up to date and accurate than the tutorial text and videos. Also, I never got the auto documentation generation stuff to work, and sometimes I had to switch over to the java backend (via command line args) to get some commands to work. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good luck! (and interested in seeing other responses)
-Jake