k-user - Re: [[K-user] ] How do I use the LLVM backend?

Re: [[K-user] ] How do I use the LLVM backend?

  • From: Markus Völter <voelter AT gmail.com>
  • To: dwight.guth AT runtimeverification.com
  • Cc: k-user AT lists.cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: Re: [[K-user] ] How do I use the LLVM backend?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:25:12 +0100

Hello Dwight,

thank you very much for your reply. However, since I am not a Unix/C/Build guy, I will
postpone moving to LLVM until you've built a binary.

Cheers,
Markus

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 11:06 PM Dwight Guth <dwight.guth AT runtimeverification.com> wrote:
The plan eventually is to package the llvm backend with releases of k downloaded online, but we haven't had time yet. Obviously we also intend to have installation instructions, but again, haven't gotten around to it yet.

The short version is, install the dependencies, then run "mkdir build; cd build; cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release; make; make install" and add the bin directory under the install path to your path in the shell. I don't have an exact list of dependencies though; you will have to try to build it and see what breaks. At the very least it requires flex, bison, llvm 6 (including clang and clang++), and gmp, but there are certainly others that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Since you're on mac, I strongly suggest installing stock llvm from something like homebrew as I doubt the apple llvm that comes with the system will work.