maude-help - Re: [Maude-help] [Memory] Required/recommended memory to run Maude 2.0 on Linux?

Re: [Maude-help] [Memory] Required/recommended memory to run Maude 2.0 on Linux?

  • From: "Ambarish Sridharanarayanan" <srdhrnry AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: <scottxyz AT usa.net>
  • Cc: <maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Maude-help] [Memory] Required/recommended memory to run Maude 2.0 on Linux?
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 08:42:11 -0500 (CDT)

Hi,

Scott said:
> Thank you to Steven Eker for pointing out that when module FULL-MAUDE is
> loaded on Linux, it uses about 34M of RAM - which may also be causing
> problems for users attempting to run Maude 2.0 on Windows/LINE.
>
> This raises a question for people who might be thinking of getting a
> Linux box to run Maude 2.0:
>
>>From the experience of people currently using Maude 2.0, is there a
> required/recommended minimum amount of memory (both actual memory and
> virtual or "swap-space" memory) for running Maude 2.0 on Linux?

I have been running various alphas of Maude 2.0 (with Full Maude) on
machines with 256-512 MB RAM. If you just want to rewrite terms, I think
512 MB should be fine. But if you want to do search or model-checking, I'd
recommend "as much as you can buy" RAM. I normally use 2 GB or 4 GB RAM
(real memory) in such cases. The swap space would normally be twice as
much as the real memory.

--
Ambarish