maude-help - [Maude-help] Maude and CafeOBJ

[Maude-help] Maude and CafeOBJ

  • From: Jorge Adriano Aires <jadrian AT mat.uc.pt>
  • To: maude-help AT banyan.cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [Maude-help] Maude and CafeOBJ
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 23:35:52 +0100

Hello,
I'm going to do some work that involves theorem proving and I want to use an
OBJ system. I first thought of CafeOBJ since I had some (very limited)
experience with it, but now I've found Maude too. I did play a bit with it
and particularly liked the available manuals, still the defined timeline for
my work is to short to spend much time testing and comparing both systems,
I've got to choose one (asap) and stick with it.
Could you please give me some help here? I'd like to know reasons that could
lead one into choosing one system or the other, strong points and weaknesses
of each. Generally what kind of approaches, personal tastes, types of
problems, needs, whatever, are better suited for one system or the other.

I do understand that my question is kind of vague, not only related to Maude,
(and is being asked to a group of people that, of course, maybe partial to
Maude :)), still I didn't know where else to ask. Hope you don't mind.

Thank you for your time and providing the Maude system and related resources.
Jorge Adriano

  • [Maude-help] Maude and CafeOBJ, Jorge Adriano Aires, 10/05/2003